ASIC 2021 Twentieth Annual Summer Interdisciplinary Conference
We have placed a hold on rooms for our conference at Grand Hotel Des Alpes in the town of San Martino di Castrozza, in the Dolomites of Italy about two hours north of Venice. This is a highly rated 4* hotel with an excellent restaurant.
The hotel website is found at: https://www.hoteldesalpes.it/en/
Via Passo Rolle 118, 38054 San Martino di Castrozza, Primiero San Martino di Castrozza Italy
Telephone: 39 0439 769069
Manager/Proprieter/Owner: Maurizio Rimaldi.
Note: Maurizio does not speak English well, so it might help to have an Italian speaker on the phone with you when you call.
The hotel has a pool, hot tub, high speed wifi, spa, bar/lounge, free parking, business center, and a shuttle bus service.
Rates in Euros:
Note: In parens are the total amount that the registration fee will supply to reduce your total charges for whatever length of stay you book.
- One person in a smaller room:
- Five such rooms available at 107/day ($193)
- One person in a larger room:
- Seven such rooms available at 122/day ($220)
- Additional larger rooms for singles at 140/day ($252)
- Two persons in a double: 92/person/day ($166 each)
There are several options:
- Some doubles are large enough to have two additional beds added. The price for adults in such a room will remain 92/person/day but there are discounts for children: < 12 years, 20%; < 8 years, 30%; < 5 years 50%; < 2 years, 80%.
- There are four suites with several rooms, but each person, regardless of age, is charged 92/day. If interested contact the hotel for availability and prices.
- There might be alternatives at nearby hotels or B&Bs. Attendees staying elsewhere should arrange for breakfast only and take meals with the group at Grand Hotel Des Alpes at the modest charge per person of 25 euros.
I will not guarantee the following options so they will be available on a first come basis:
The hotel’s conference room (above) can hold 50 people or a few more. If this is insufficient for our needs, the conference will use the city conference theater (below) about 300 m distant.
These are free.RESERVATIONS:
To obtain the conference rates, email the organizer to obtain the conference code.
Reservations can be made by email or telephone (but note that Maurizio Rimondi does not speak English well).
Email: G. HOTEL DES ALPES firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 39 0439 769069
Cancellations are free until Feb 28. Starting then I am guaranteeing reservations with 30% of a six day stay (you will cover this amount through the enhanced registration fee and receive this amount as a discount when you check out). You may cancel without penalty as long as all the rooms I reserved are booked for conference. If any of those reserved by me are not booked, there will be a 30% penalty that I pay. If the failure to book all reserved rooms is due to one or more late cancellations, those cancelling will owe me the 30% penalty.SCHEDULE AND MEALS:
Each day the conference will begin with a reception with refreshments and light food near or in the conference room, starting at about 15:30-15:45. The talks will take place from about 16:00 to 20:00. Following the talks attendees will dine together as a group at the hotel (see 'Meals' on this website).